Saturday, June 7, 2014

Last Days in Dublin

Tomorrow, we take off for Sevilla in the south of Spain. Ireland has been absolutely splendid. We did a walking tour of Dublin on Thursday and met some really great people, an Australian girl and a girl from Ohio specifically, who we've hung out with for the last few days since. We went out Thursday night with some guys from West Point which was a lot of fun, then relaxed most of the day yesterday before going out with our friends Julia and Liam from home. Today, we did laundry and are going to head to Phoenix Park this afternoon before a quiet evening and an early bed time.

It's amazing how fast the days are already going. It's been five days in Dublin! We're excited for warm weather and tapas in Spain. We've got plans to meet up with the West Point guys in Barcelona to watch the World Cup, so that should be fun. I'm looking forward to all that's ahead, but selfishly can't wait to get to Rome. Trying to live in the present and not anticipate my return to La Citta Eterna too much! There were some Italian people in the hostel yesterday so I practiced up on my speaking a bit with them.

I'm also actively trying to balance out my thoughts of Korea on this trip. There's so much to do and so much anticipation built up for next year, and it's so fresh on my mind, that it's tough to ignore right now. It's a mix of excitement and fear. I can't imagine how stressed I would be if I wasn't traveling and had all day to think about it! I just finished a book that my Uncle Peter got me for graduation called The Promise of a Pencil, and it was a really inspiring read. Just what I needed right now! I highly suggest reading it for anyone looking for a good summer book. A main theme of the book is to dream big and follow your heart, which I feel like I'm doing with Korea, so that was reassuring in a way.

Well, at this point I'm rambling, and there's still more of Dublin to see before our 9AM flight tomorrow! Will write again after a day or so in Spain. Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment